Telecom operator Bharti Airtel Chairman Sunil Mittal on Wednesday said the telecom sector reforms approved by the Cabinet will ensure that the industry is able to invest fearlessly, and the company will respond to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's call to invest and accelerate the country's growth. Among a series of breathers for the stressed telecom sector, the Cabinet has approved the inclusion of revenues earned only from telecom services in the adjusted gross revenue (AGR), and the removal of penalty on dues to be paid to the government prospectively. Mittal congratulated and thanked the government for undertaking these seminal reforms to lift an industry that is at the core of his Digital India vision.
'I've said for years I'd like to see players and coaches take more responsibility in running the game.'
From saris to dresses, doesn't Vidya Balan look awesome?
Solo Nqweni is the third cricketer known to have contracted the disease after Pakistan's Zafar Sarfraz and Scotland's Majid Haq.
Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga reiterated on Thursday his intention to hold the Games.
While ODI captain Aaron Finch said the team backed Justin Langer "100%", reports of players being put off by the coach's "grumpy" temperament have continued to surface.
The move could affect thousands of people, including Australian cricketers currently playing in the Indian Premier League in India
Flamboyant Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, who retired last year, is eyeing a stint in the Big Bash League and Cricket Australia (CA) is trying to help him find a team.
According to a report in the Sydney Morning Herald, Starc, who didn't figure in any game for KKR last year after getting injured in the Test series against South Africa, has filed a lawsuit in the Victorian County Court last week against the insurers of his lucrative IPL deal.
Former ICC Elite Panel umpire Simon Taufel believes it will not be practical to outlaw the switch-hit shot, adding that it's 'impossible' for the on-field umpire to monitor the batsman for change in grip or stance.
The Sydney Morning Herald, on Monday, reported that plans for a nine-nation Test championship were under way and the ICC was set to give the concept a green light on Friday at a meeting in Auckland.
Barney Ronay wrote in The Guardian: "A World Cup win is a vindication on many levels.
In 2017, a consortium led by Russian state oil company Rosneft agreed to buy Essar Oil for $12.9 billion in India's biggest foreign acquisition of a homegrown company. Rosneft's buyout of Essar's assets was meant to herald a wave of energy investments in India - over six decades after Esso, Caltex and Shell invested in India's refining sector in the 1950s. But the government has tripped up in its efforts to sell Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), formerly Burmah Shell, a blue chip public sector company. Bidders include a couple of global funds and resources firm Vedanta.
Australia leg-spinner Adam Zampa says he decided to quit the IPL midway as it was the "most vulnerable" bio-bubble he was part of.
As Australia moves ahead with relaxing a lockdown to curb the spread of the coronavirus, a state government gave the all clear for more than 2,000 fans to attend an Australian Rules Football game at a stadium in Adelaide this weekend. Australia has suffered at least 102 COVID-19 deaths and about 7,200 infections, but it has not reported a death for more than a week, and new cases have dwindled to less than 20 daily.
Adelaide has emerged as a frontrunner to host the December 26-30 marquee fixture.
Russia and China have a broad consensus today on almost all core issues related to global strategic stability, which is unprecedented in modern history, observes Ambassador M K Bhadrakumar.
Massive protests were seen across the country after Congress party members and workers took to the streets to agitate against the Bharatiya Janata Party.
He accused the previous governments of being sluggish on implementing railway projects and said the work of ambitious eastern and western dedicated freight corridors expedited only in the last six-seven years.
It is understood that Rajasthan Royals will 'wait' for Stokes to get back to the management and only if the cricketer confirms his availability for the second half, it will take things forward.
Desperate to save its multi-million dollar broadcast deal with Channel Seven, Cricket Australia has overshot its COVID-19 bio-bubble budget which now stands at a whopping 30 million Australian dollars with marquee tour of India and the Big Bash League being a part of it.
Jaya is a woman of steel in the truest sense of the word. Despite being the first lady of filmdom, she's as real and rooted to the ground as anyone can get, notes Subhash K Jha on the actor-politician's 74th birthday.
'He's a very talented batsman and able to bat long period of time.'
Former IPS officer Kunwar Vijay Pratap Singh, who was part of the SIT probing the 2015 Kotkapura police firing incident in Punjab, on Monday joined the AAP in Amritsar.
We used to hear of the Modi-Shah pair as the hyphenated top of the BJP leadership. Lately, the hyphen has disappeared and it is only Modi at the top. Yogi Adityanath gets honourable mentions, but he is still a good distance away from being anointed a worthy successor, observes Shreekant Sambrani.
Cricket Australia said on Sunday they are still planning to play the third Test against India in Sydney in early January, despite an outbreak of COVID-19 in the north of the city.
Oz media hails India's historic Test series win.
'Is he serious? It's a selfish political move to gain popularity.'
Starc, who bagged a $ 1.8 million (Rs 9.4 crore) contract with KKR ahead of the 2018 IPL, couldn't play a single match due to a right leg injury.
The operators of the SCG have launched an investigation into claims by an Indian cricket supporter who was told by the security officer to "go back to where you belong".
The IPL, by giving a large pool of Indian talent the opportunity to compete with the best international players, has also come to be seen as the cauldron that spews out the most exciting talent for not only the shortest format but also the longest and the one in between, says Suveen Sinha.
'In terms of Boxing Day, it's one of the most iconic events in the Australian sporting calendar, and we are working full steam ahead'
The Centre's retreat from the farm laws is likely to have a significant bearing on the fate of laws that the Centre has made, for instance, in labour and electricity, predicts A K Bhattacharya.
England have the chance to reach a first major final since their 1966 World Cup triumph when they take on Denmark at Wembley in Wednesday's Euro 2020 semi-final, but they will need to banish a history of stumbling at this stage.
Josh Hazlewood was forced out of last month's Perth Test against New Zealand due to a low-grade hamstring tear.
Melbourne Cricket Club's chief executive officer Stuart Fox said though he wants Sydney to retain the hosting rights of the third Test, the situation is "extremely complicated" in the wake of a fresh outbreak of COVID-19 cases there.
When asked about Warne targeting him again, Waugh played down the incident.
'I think as a nation we all aged a year in that super over. I feel nothing but pride. What a team'
Players competed at empty stadiums at Melbourne Park through the five-day lockdown but reduced capacity crowds of 7,477 have been permitted in each of Thursday's two sessions and the same number for the singles finals sessions on Saturday and Sunday.
Their scheduled international tours unlikely to go ahead due to coronavirus pandemic, the cricket boards of Australia and New Zealand are exploring the possibility of creating a constant stream of matches between the two neighbouring nations. With the two governments planning to open up a corridor to allow a quarantine-free travel, New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White discussed the possibility with his Cricket Australia counterpart Kevin Roberts.